De La Espada chairs carefully balance proportion, ergonomics and structural integrity. Their solid wood frames are joined using mortise and tenon joints that are secured with slow-drying wood glue and a locking dowel. This provides the strongest wood-to-wood connection and allows for the natural contraction and expansion of wood.
Available in American Black Walnut and American White Oak finished with a Danish oil or a white oil and De La Espada's complete range of fabrics.
- Width: 20 1/2 inches
- Depth: 22 1/8 inches
- Height: 35 1/8 inches
- Leather (LE): Soft and supple cowhide leather. Its premium quality is evident through the expansive and naturally consistent hides.
- Microfiber Suede (MSD): Hardwearing man-made fabric with superfine threads for the lightest and softest pile.
- Microfiber Silk (MSK): Man-made smooth, silky surface with a unique texture.
- Velvet (V): Natural cotton velvet with a delicate softness and familiar warmth.
- Linen (LI): Natural fibers from the stems of the flax plant. Hypo-allergenic with a handwoven, rustic quality that is subtly luxurious and simultaneously utilitarian.
- Wool (W): Natural wool fabric that is soft, hardwearing and suitable for all climates.
De La Espada timber is sustainably harvested in the United States. The trees on the farms are pruned regularly to allow for consistent grain patterns and fewer knots, ensuring exceptionally strong planks of the highest quality. Mortise and tenon joints, dovetailing and lap joints combined with slow-drying wood glue that seeps deep into the fibers of the solid wood create strong, unbreakable bonds adding long life to every piece of furniture they make.